Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I have foreseen the future

Today I saw my life, twenty years down the road, via my awesome English professor. She read us a sweet essay she wrote entitled: "Thirteen Ways of Looking at Loneliness." It's about being a single woman in the church, which, until today, I never realized she was. I guess I never bothered to look at her left hand to check. She just seemed so awesome; I assumed. But she's turning 40 this year and has never been married. She's actually one of the best professors I've ever had, but even more, she's one of the coolest people I've ever met. I've often chatted with her after class about random stuff as we walk across campus. Yep. I've become THAT girl--the one who hangs out with teachers. But hey, they're funny and love to talk about books. Is there a better combination? Not for me there's not!

Anyway, as I was saying..this essay is just fantastic. I'll have to post it when I actually get a copy of it. I gotta ask I suppose. It made me more aware of loneliness than ever before! And it made me scared that this is my future! I will probably end up just like Sister Gee--the cool English professor (not at BYU-I, however. :) who reads books alone at night and goes to book clubs and has a few cats or so. Don't get me wrong. I thirst for education and a chance to contribute something to society. Especially where books and literature are involved. I would gladly be that woman and be single. But after 15 years or so, I can't imagine being thrilled about going home to a book and an empty house.

Anyway, this is a random blog. I have foreseen the future and it is awesome! Thanks Sister Gee!!

3 comments:

  1. Please, you're going to get hitched in no time, specially with your semester I've been hearing about ;) but hey if we're both still single in 6 years lets live and grow old together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please Jules. You wish I were getting married. hahah and yes let's do grow old together. That sounds like exactly the kind of life I need! Hey, have you heard from San Antone yet? I can't wait to hear where you're headed friend. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, please do post that essay when you get it. I'd really like to read it and get another perspective. Your life will be awesome regardles of when you get marriage! I've learned that happiness is a choice, it really is that simple!

    ReplyDelete