Monday, November 29, 2010

My life is my life!

I'm sitting in the library "studying," where I write most of my blogs. haha. Just returned from Thanksgiving break, which was relaxing and Monopoly-filled. I finally developed a healthy respect and even adoration for a favorite family game called "London." It rocks. I've always been too lazy to learn it I suppose. I never have been a big card gamer. Or gamer in general, for that matter. But something's happened and I'm obsessed now.

The clouds took a massive, disgusting dump on Rexburg, and it's freakin nasty here. Why, oh why did I choose THIS college town?? I take comfort in the fact of my impending graduation/ instant departure from this place! July just can't come fast enough.

I don't know where I'll go, but I can't wait to get there. And for some reason I'm not worried about getting there. It will work out, declares my faith! It's sort of funny, though, the whole concept of finding where you belong in the world. For so long I've "belonged" in Texas, or Idaho, or even Florida, or (dare I say?) Utah. By "belonged," I mean had obligations or responsibilities that kept me there. But now, where do I "belong?" Where will I call home now?

The great thing is, "the world is my oyster!" And all that crap.... But really. A very big (and daily expanding) part of me, begs to run far far away...like to London! Or just to get lost in Europe for a while, and heck...maybe even work somewhere. I'm just not satisfied with a lack of adventure. Perhaps this is a huge character default :), which I'm willing to accept, but there it is. The other part of me feels obligated to find a legit job somewhere, earn money for a year in preparation for grad school, and get a master's or something greater. hmmm...Which part of myself will win??

Stay tuned you three followers! And maybe we'll find out together. hahah

Oh and my favorite song today is "The Girl," by a wonderful, newly discovered band called "City and Colour." Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Dido that my brotha.

    Oh! and somebody told me to check out city and colour a couple years ago, I made a pandora station for them, but I lost touch, tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete