Saturday, July 9, 2011

"We blew horns and that how it's been."

Today I discovered this journal entry which I wrote when I was 7:

"Today in church we had a sapstotoot (substitute) for are church. In are class yesterday we went jetscieing (jet skiing). It was fun. I liked it. A few days ago I staed (stayed) Home from school and we Got to have a mondo drink. And a Packe of rollerdlades And we got raesiens. and we got to have a boloniey sandwich I aet it all up. It was very very good."

Wow. What a brilliant child I was. All I cared about was the food. I guess some things never change. haha.

I have decided to share with you some hilarious snapshots from my life as captured through the medium of my parents and siblings in this beige journal which is a genuine treasure. I hope you're ready. But I really don't think you are.....

Oct. 14, 1990 (age 3-written by mom):
"I sure think you are cute. You want to know if stars have hands. I don't know. I kind of doubt."

Most of my entries begin with: "I like Jake. He is fun," or "Jake is cute."

Jan 3, 1993 (age 6):
"I like school. I don't like Amanda messing with my stuff." :)

July 4, 1993:
"Marnie did my hair this afternoon. I look VERY cute. It's poofy like Marnie's. Mom made donuts for us today. They were very good. Everyone said they loved my hair and that it was very CUTE! On vacation, we're gonna visit the John's. Janalee doesn't like me. She only likes Juliann. Last time she came she ignored me." hahahah

Sept. 11, 1994 (age 7):
"Today at confrence I decided not to tack paper because I thogth it wolde destraced me on thinking about Jesas Crist Because he is the Saviyor of the World and Hevenly Father is Jesases father I have a testemone that are savyor Jesas Crist does Live and he loves each of us And we are Jeses Crists children and he loves each of us that are in this world He made you and evrything that is arond you and I no The Church of Jesas Crist and latter day saints"

Jan. 7, 1996:

"I'll tell you about how I'v been. First we had Christmas and I got cool things one is a keyboard and a dress. Then like all things it ended. And then it was new years we had fun than to. when the clock got to 12 we blew horns and that how it's been. see ya."

Oh good times. I wish you could have seen me as I read some of these. I was almost tearing up with laughter. None of you probably enjoyed this as much as I did, but that's what blogs are for right? Forcing your private jokes on your loved ones. :)

4 comments:

  1. the last one was definitely my fave. hilarious. i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha...I'm laughing so hard. You're little brain was hilarious. I don't think I could ever post things I wrote when I was 7.

    I think sapstotoot is my favorite misspelled word EVER! That's nice.

    Poofy? I still have poofy hair. I bet if I did you're hair now, you'd cry and get no compliments. Remember when I cut your hair once and it miraculously turned how so cute and then I cut your hair again a few months later and it turned out horrible and you and Juliann were furious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I know Marnie. I was a real piece of work. But I guess I still am. I do recall my hair catastrophes, thank you very much. haha when I think back over my various hair phases, it's really quite tragic. I've had some crazy hair ya know. Thankfully it's calmed down a bit in my later years, although it's still pretty boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (a) I'm definitely using that first passage as a teaching moment. "Now kids, ...." lol
    I laughed the most at your own final observation--the reason for blogs. haha!

    ReplyDelete